This course studies the materials, techniques, settings, and meanings of skilled craft and artistic practices in the early modern period , in order to reflect upon a series of issues, including craft knowledge and artisanal epistemology; the intersections between craft and science; and questions of historical methodology and evidence in the reconstruction of historical experience.
One component of the Making and Knowing Project of the Center for Science and Society , this course contributes to the collaborative production of a transcription, English translation, and critical edition of a late sixteenth-century manuscript in French, BnF Ms.
- Philanthropic Foundations in the Twentieth Century (Contributions to the Study of World History).
- Huntington Library Quarterly.
- Quantum Physics, Third Edition?
- Daire Rose || Pottery as Self-Care — A Creek and A Field Notebook.
The course will be taught this year only in fall It is not necessary to have either prior lab experience or French language skills. Please don't hesitate to contact Pamela Smith, ps columbia.
Smith, ed. Marco Sgarbi Springer, doi Smith, eds. Manchester University Press, She is developing current projects in three main areas through multi-sited and comparative research This project is analysing digital practices used to memorialise the dead on the Internet, and is funded by the Australian Research Council.
List of publications. Skip to main content.
Keep up to date
They attend to the properties of materials and to the forms of knowledge and sensory experience involved in these processes, and explore the dynamics of making and undoing, growing and decomposition. The book will be of broad interest to scholars in the fields of anthropology, archaeology, material culture studies, history and sociology.
- Making and Growing : Elizabeth Hallam, Tim Ingold - Book2look?
- 1st Edition?
- Artefacts and bodies among Kuna People from Panamá. - Durham Research Online!
- Dr Elizabeth Hallam | School of Anthropology & Museum Ethnography?
- Artefacts and bodies among Kuna People from Panamá. - Durham Research Online.
Search all titles. Search all titles Search all collections. Your Account Logout.
Smith, Pamela H. | Department of History - Columbia University
Making and Growing. Edition 1st Edition. First Published Imprint Routledge.
https://landporpergbotal.tk Pages pages.